For more information about us, you can email us at plishner.info(at)gmail.com.
For our latest activities, see our DSES Posts, and see the News & Announcements column at the right of the page.
2019 Deep Space Exploration Society Membership Drive
Membership in DSES runs from the start of each calendar year. Our 2019 Membership Drive has now started. Dues continue to be $50 / year for voting members and $20 / year for non-voting members. Please renew your membership now. We welcome new members as well.
Please read DSES Treasurer Myron Babcock’s membership message in our linked post, with more information about being a member, and on how to pay membership dues:
The Deep Space Exploration Society is a Colorado based nonprofit organization dedicated to practical astronomy and space science education for students, the general public, and society members.
Our major project is restoring and operating a 60-foot dish antenna for radio astronomy and amateur radio experimenting. The site is located in Kiowa County, in Colorado. Since 2009 our volunteer members have been working hard to restore and modernize the antenna and its support facilities. In August 2016 we succeeded in making scientific measurements of galactic neutral hydrogen at 1.4 GHz. We are also doing other radio astronomy experiments, including:
- Meteor Scatter
- Radio science observations of Jupiter and its moon Io
- Solar Wind Observations using the Sudden Ionospheric Disturbance Monitor (SID)
Our Amateur Radio experimenting includes:
- Engineering design, building, and coding
- EME Moon Bounce
- Troposheric Scatter
This is our site for sharing information about the science and engineering support at the Deep Space Exploration Society.
We are in the process of rebuilding our site. Please continue to check back.
- We will continue to post news about our progress restoring and modernizing our radio telescope site. Much work has been accomplished, and we are now starting to become operational.
- We will develop and post more information about our science. That will include:
- Educational material about the science and data analysis methods.
- Science results.
- Provisions for you to participate in analyzing the science data.
- Reports about our presentations at science and engineering conferences.
- We will post announcements about our regularly scheduled monthly science and engineering meetings. Plus we will post announcements of our public outreach and educational events.
Last updated January 15, 2019. (GCA – WA2JQZ)