Radio JOVE Observations at the Plishner Radio Astronomy Observatory
Observational Period: February to April 2016
Analysis: Dr. Richard Russel
Radio Jove Configuration:
- 20.1 MHz Receiver
- Dual Dipole at 15 ft. oriented East-West with a 90 degree phase delay on South Dipole
- South dipole feed line was eaten through.
- North dipole feed line was damaged but intact – may have some degradation.
- Radio Skypipe software with an audio feed from receiver
- Latitude: 38: 45:28N Longitude: 103:16:50W
- Power was lost around 6 April – due to primary DC-AC inverter failing
- Note that the Sun has a dominant signature (Sunrise and Sunset times are documented)
- Very few Jupiter related signatures were noted for this time period. This was probably related to the damaged antenna.
Recommended Follow Up Actions:
- Compare Solar activity with Radio Jove activity. There appeared to have been enough gain on the antenna to get a good solar signature.